A 30 OR 50-MILE ULTRA
ABOUT THE EVENT
A real challenge from The Keep it Simple team.
Long ultra of 50 miles from Stirling University to Central Perth.
Short ultra of 30 miles from Glen Devon to Central Perth.
Don't feel ready to tackle an ultra solo as yet? Then do the 50 miles as a team!
Both routes use the Core Path Network giving stunning views across central Scotland.
Scottish Natural Heritage Promote the use of the Core Path network details can be found on their website.
- End to End on the Ochils
- Marked Route
- Water at checkpoints
- Drop-off bags conveyed to checkpoints (approx every 10 miles)
- Chip Timing
- GPS Tracking
- Food, drink, sports massage and more at the finish
- Start in the grounds of Stirling University at 7am (Long)
- Start in Glen Devon at 9am (Short)
- Finish on the South Inch of Perth
- Courses close at 9pm
- Transport to Start will be available (price TBC)
- Prizes for the winners
- Souvenirs for all finishers
A STUNNING ULTRA THROUGH THE OCHILS
VIEW THE ROUTE
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT TO TRAIN?
THE NEXT OCHIL ULTRA IS 28TH SEPTEMBER 2019
ESSENTIAL AND RECOMMENDED ITEMS
- Head torch (can be left at CP4 in your drop bag)
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Emergency blanket
- Emergency Food and Drink
- All runners will be issued with a GPS tracker which must be carried (relay runners should pass this as a baton)
- Emergency Contact information on your route notes
- Waterproofs may be compulsory if the weather is inclement as some of the course is over high tops and can be exposed.
- A map of the route is recommended.
- First aid kit
- Spare clothes especially socks as there are wet sections (can be left in your drop bags)
WEE RUN EVENTS
WE RUN EVENTS YOU LOVE TO RUN
Wee Run Events organises the Ochil Ultra.
With over 40 years' event experience we pride ourselves on creating and delivering events that are fun and challenging.
Wee Run Events also provides chip timing services, race consultancy and entry portal software.Wee can help!